June's Sock-a-palooza was awesome!! So many customers participated and got a ton of socks made during the month. It was so fun seeing everyone's progress and the different designs.
Tips and thoughts for next time you make a pair of socks:
- If your socks ended up too loose, you could go down in needle sizes or cast on a smaller sock size.
- Remember, that just like any other items that are fitted, you may need to make adjustments.
- Try new things! There are so many different kinds of heels, toes, and ways to make socks.
- When matching yarns and patterns, solid colours work better for involved stitch patterns (like cables) so that you see all the hard work put in. Even self-striping yarns can be done with some stitch patterns, but keep them more simple to show off the striping.
- If you are planning to knit lots of socks for yourself (or your favourite-knitworthy people), start taking notes of your "magic numbers", like the perfect leg height, and your favourite things about socks, like a specific heel.
Thank you to all those who participated in Sock-a-palooza. Look forward to doing this with you all again.